Full and Partial Dentures Brookline, MA
HOW DO DENTURES WORK?
Dentures at Coolidge Corner Dental are custom-made by a dental lab from an impression taken of your mouth. The denture base is made with acrylic and blends in with the natural color of your gum tissue. The teeth can be made in a variety of shades to create a natural looking smile.
THE BENEFITS OF DENTURES
Besides being able to smile confidently, dentures from your Brookline dentist offer several other benefits:
- Missing teeth can cause facial and muscle sagging, which can make people look older. However, dentures will help fill out your face and profile, making you appear more youthful and healthier once again.
- Dentures closely resemble your natural teeth, which means your appearance won’t change too much. Some patients have even said dentures improved their smile.
- Dentures will help you be able to speak more clearly and eat foods that you once enjoyed.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR DENTURES
New dentures from your dentist in Brookline, MA may take a little time to get used to, but you’ll quickly grow accustomed to your appliance and all its benefits. It’s not uncommon to need a follow-up visit to check the fit and make adjustments—but we know you’ll be thrilled with the results.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR DENTURES
As part of your treatment, we will go over general care with you and how to maintain your dentures. Here are a few general care tips to keep in mind:
- Cleaning. Like natural teeth, your denture should be brushed twice a day to remove food particles and plaque.
- Storage. Whenever the denture is not being worn, it should be kept in a safe place covered with water to prevent warping. Avoid using hot water, because this can distort the appliances.
- Oral Hygiene. To keep your gum tissue healthy, remember to brush your gums, tongue, and roof of your mouth with a soft-bristle toothbrush before placing the denture in for the day.
HOW LONG DO DENTURES LAST?
Over time, your custom dentures may need to be relined, remade, or rebased due to normal wear. Rebasing is merely placing a new base on the denture while keeping the existing teeth. As you age, your mouth naturally changes, so maintaining annual checkups will be helpful to monitor the fit of your appliances as well as the health of your gum tissue and jawbones.
IMPLANT SUPPORTED DENTURES/ SNAP IN DENTURES
We carefully design the placement of 2-4 implants that will help support your dentures. The denture will snap into the implants and create a comfortable appliance that doesn't slip, rock, or fall out of the mouth. The best part? In most cases, we can use your existing dentures and fit them over the newly placed implants. If you have had trouble with your dentures, please give us a call! We can help you get back to eating and function like before.