HOW DOES INVISALIGN WORK?
If you’re not happy with your bite or how crowded your teeth are, that can easily be addressed with Invisalign. Here’s how the Invisalign process works:
1) The first thing you’ll need to do is schedule an exam to discuss your dental concerns. Before we start any orthodontic treatment, we want to make sure your teeth are clean and healthy.
2) We‘ll take an impression of your teeth so your dentist can map out your Invisalign treatment.
3) Invisalign experts will create your custom aligners from a BPA-free material at the Invisalign lab. Once made, they will be sent to our Brookline, MA office for your dentist to deliver to you.
4) The Invisalign trays will be tried in your mouth, and your dentist will check the fit. If the trays seem a little tight at first, don’t worry, that’s completely normal. The aligners apply small amounts of pressure to your teeth which will ultimately move them into the correct position.
5) For the best results, you’ll need to wear your aligners 20 to 22 hours a day. Every 1-2 weeks, as directed by your dentist, you’ll change to a new set of trays. Each new set of aligners will gradually and gently shift your teeth into place, following your treatment plan, until you reach your ideal smile.
6) While in treatment, your dentist will monitor your progress every step of the way. Depending on your personal needs, your case will be complete within 12 to 18 months, and you can start flashing your perfect smile.